PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRIOR TO USING www.flysafarilink.com
By using www.flysafarilink.com , the user agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. In this contract: "ticket" means a passenger ticket and baggage check, or in the case of an electronic ticket the itinerary/receipt if applicable, of which these conditions form part; "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation"; "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his/her baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage; "electronic ticket or e-ticket" means the itinerary/receipt issued by or on behalf of the carrier and if applicable, a boarding document; "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable;
2. The liability of Safarilink Aviation Limited (Safarilink) in respect of carriage of passengers hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention as applied in Kenya, and by the terms and conditions stated hereunder.
3. Checked baggage will be delivered to the passenger or their agent. In case of damage to the baggage, this must be brought to the attention of Safarilink in writing at the time of delivery. In the event of lost baggage, the liability of Safarilink shall be limited to the Kenya shilling equivalent of US$10 per kilogram. Damaged baggage will be considered on an individual basis depending on the extent of the damage. Scratches or opened zips will not be considered. Any liability or compensation for damaged baggage will not exceed $100 per bag. Safarilink has no responsibility whatsoever for any cash, credit cards, jewelry, cameras, computers or other valuables contained in checked baggage.
4. The total baggage allowance for each passenger (excluding Infants, who are not entitled to baggage allowance), inclusive of hand baggage and cameras, is 15kgs, with an exception of Zanzibar, Kitale, Lodwar, Vipingo, Diani and Kisumu which allows 20kgs. Excess baggage will only be carried, at the sole discretion of the captain of the aircraft, if the payload of the aircraft and/or space permits and will be charged at the prevailing rate (currently $ 2 + VAT per kg) for carriage of freight. If passengers anticipate they will have excess baggage on 'safari' and International routes, it is recommended that they book a 'freight' seat at a child rate (applicable on Y class fares), which permits confirmed carriage of an extra 75kgs. 'Freight' seats on other routes are not permitted and are subject to the discretion of Safarilink Operations.
5. Sports equipment - We do not carry large sports equipment such as surfboards/bicycles and golf bags etc unless requested in advance. Golf bags may be considered on an individual basis when operating our Dash 8 aircraft and will be charged at usd $ 10 per bag per sector.
6. Seats on Safarilink aircraft are of a restricted 'utility' size and larger passengers well above an average weight of 85 kg for men and 65 kg for women, may find them uncomfortable. In such circumstances, it is recommended that for both safety and comfort reasons, passengers weighing 100 kgs and above, book an extra seat, which is charged at the child rate on Y class fares.
7. Freight will only be carried, at the sole discretion of the captain of the aircraft, if the payload of the aircraft and/or space permits and the aircraft will be landing at the freight destination airstrip for commercial passengers. Safarilink will be the sole arbiter if there is any dispute as to the acceptability of freight on safety, legal or moral grounds or where Safarilink considers there are reasonable grounds for not accepting the freight if it could be detrimental to the condition of the aircraft e.g. wet fish. Freight will be weighed and charged at the applicable prevailing rate (currently $2 + VAT) per kg. It is the responsibility of the owner to insure any freight and Safarilink's liability is limited to the Kenya shilling equivalent of US$10 per kg in the event of any loss. Safarilink will not be held responsible for any damage to freight.
8. Safarilink does not permit the carriage of pets, regardless of whether the animal is in an airline approved container.
9. It is the sole responsibility of passengers on international flights to ensure that they have the appropriate documentation, including, but not limited to, passports and visas required by any Government authority. Safarilink will have no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect costs if a passenger is unable to board a flight because he/she does not have the correct documentation.
10. The latest Check-in time for all passengers is strictly 90 minutes before flight time in Zanzibar, 60 minutes in Nairobi (Wilson), Kilimanjaro International Airport, Lamu, Lodwar, Kitale and Kisumu and 30 minutes elsewhere. Check in counters will close 45 minutes prior to departure times on international flights (to/from Zanzibar and Kilimanjaro) and 30 minutes prior to departure time for all other services. Safarilink reserves the right to depart up to 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled departure time if passengers are not present at the place of departure by that time. Safarilink has no responsibility for direct or indirect costs resulting from passengers missing a flight due to non-compliance, for whatever reason, with the above Check-in times. The above Check-in periods do not apply for passengers connecting off one Safarilink flight directly onto another Safarilink flight and connections are guaranteed.
11. During Check-in passengers will be required to prove their identity by passport or other identity document containing a photograph. If a ticket has been purchased online using a credit card then it will be necessary to produce the same credit card when checking in.
12. All firearms or weapons MUST be declared upon check-in at Wilson, Diani, Lamu, Kitale, Lodwar, Kisumu, Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, and Lodwar, or to the pilot when departing from bush or other airstrips.
13. Safarilink undertakes to use its best efforts to carry passengers and baggage with reasonable dispatch. However, the times shown on tickets or timetables form no part of the contract between Safarilink and the passenger and Safarilink reserves the right to change departure times and/or carrier when so required for operational, weather or safety reasons. On the Laikipia to Mara service, Safarilink reserves the right to route passengers via Wilson for operational, weather or safety reasons, at any time. In such circumstances, Safarilink reserves the right to either change timings or rebook passengers on alternative carriers, which could include a time or airport change from the original booking. Passengers have the option to either accept the revised ticket or timings, or can cancel their booking and obtain a full refund for the sector not flown on Safarilink services.
14. Passengers from Kilimanjaro cannot connect to Masai Mara via Wilson any longer. For such connections, it is recommended to connect from Serengeti to Masai Mara using our Tanzania partner airlines. Passengers must have valid yellow fever certificates and visas in their passport to avoid immigration processing delays. Safarilink will not guarantee connection to its service to Masai Mara if visas have to be obtained at border points. Safarilink can request copies of the visa from passengers passports at any time prior to the travel date. Safarilink will not be responsible for any consequential costs related to flights missed.
15. Safarilink only guarantees a connection to another flight when that flight is also being operated by Safarilink. Safarilink does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for direct or indirect costs related to a passenger off a Safarilink flight missing a connection to a flight on another carrier.
16. If a Safarilink flight is significantly delayed then Safarilink will provide refreshments/meals appropriate to the time of day and length of delay. If exceptional circumstances so dictate that a flight cannot be completed during one day for safety or operational reasons then Safarilink will provide over-night accommodation and meals at their cost but will not have responsibility for any other direct or indirect costs resulting from the delay.
17. Safarilink reserves the right to allocate seats to standby passengers if ticketed passengers have not checked in by 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. In such circumstances, ticketed passengers who subsequently arrive will only be boarded if there are seats still available.
18. At its sole discretion, Safarilink may impose a requirement for a minimum number of passengers to be booked to a particular destination before operating that particular flight. Services to safari destinations are all subject to minimum 2 passenger per strip regardless of combined services. Individual or single passengers will be charged the minimum passenger loads prior to a flight operating.
19. Tickets issued for carriage on Safarilink flights are strictly applicable to the carriage of the ticketed person and are not transferable to another person unless, in exceptional circumstances, the senior management of Safarilink have so agreed in writing or by email.
20. Once issued, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. However, if a booking is canceled more than 30 days before the time of the flight departure then the ticket price will be refunded less an administrative fee of $40 per passenger. If payment was made by credit card, the refund will be less the 5% commission paid to the credit card company. However, if the booking is for travel in the Christmas & New Year period (20 December to 10 January) or over Easter period (the Thursday before Good Friday to the following Tuesday) then a 45 day prior notice period will apply.
If a booking is canceled within 30 days of the flight departure then the passengers will be considered as 'No-Shows' and no refund will be made. An exception to the nil refund policy is when the 'No-Show' is the result of exceptional or humanitarian circumstances that can be supported in writing. Under such circumstances, any request for a refund would be considered on an individual basis, but not guaranteed. Any refunds approved would be subject to administrative charges.
If it is necessary to amend the date or time of travel then there is no charge if this is done more than 96 hours before the time of flight but within 96 - 18 hours of a flight, an amendment fee of $50 per passenger will be charged. Amendments are not permitted within 18 hours of a flight and will be considered 'No-shows'. 'No-show' or unused tickets cannot be re-validated for travel at a later date.
When a refund requires a bank transfer then the associated bank charges will be deducted from the refund.
21. Safarilink only accepts the carriage of persons under the age of 12 years if they are accompanied by an adult.
22. All Safarilink flights are non-smoking flights.
23. Safarilink reserves the right to deny carriage to any person or offload him/her at any airport/airstrip if in their sole discretion it is considered that:
Carrying the passenger might endanger the safety of the aircraft, crew or other passengers.
The passenger is drunk or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
The passenger’s mental or physical state is a danger or risk to the aircraft, crew or other passengers.
The passenger has refused to comply with a personal or baggage security check
The passenger has refused to comply with instructions related to safety or security from the crew or other authorized persons
The passenger has used threatening or abusive words or gestures to any Safarilink employee or other authorized person
The passenger has made any threat related to the safety of the aircraft.
24. No agent, servant or representative of Safarilink has the authority to alter, modify or waive any of these Conditions of Carriage.
25. The contract evidenced hereby or contained herein shall be governed by the Law of Kenya and any claim or dispute arising hereunder shall be determined by the Kenyan courts to the exclusion of the courts of any other country.
26. Whilst Safarilink has made every effort to ensure the information on this website is accurate and updated regularly, the use of any services or content is subject to availability or subject to price changes prior to confirmation of the services. Information is updated frequently but we cannot guarantee services are available as indicated or at the prices shown. However, the correct details and rates will be provided before you confirm and accept your reservation.
Any personal details collected, submitted or otherwise obtained during the use of the site will not be disclosed to any third parties, companies or partners, except when your inquiry is related to accommodation or tours or safaris, whereby details will need to be distributed to our trusted partners involved in providing the service.
Safarilink does not take any responsibility for any computer related problems, mishaps, or virus infections that may occur while surfing this website, nor is it warranted either implicitly or expressly that any content is safe in any manner for download. However, to the best of our knowledge, this site is virus free.